Thursday, January 21, 2010

Foolin With Azcui's Accord aka the "Storm Trooper"

One of my good friends owns a '96 CD, I've helped him in choices with some of his mods and it has certainly come a long way from stock.


Anyways this is what it looks like now a days, he has a few final exterior touches and then in my opinion I would consider it done exterior wise, he has other things planned for it but you'll only hear about it if I'm involved with any further activities.














So you guys ask "why do I bring this Accord to your attention?" Well he's having idling problems and I stopped him before he invested in a new ICV (Idle Control Valve), I told him I'd swing by and clean out his whole intake assembly and check out his vacuum lines and such.

I pop the hood to find .8L missing and my long lost love for Hondas.

















The F22B2 out of a 1996 Honda Accord LX.

This goes without say and should be obvious... But to my shock there aren't any similarities between the VQ30DE which I call my own and the F22B2. Even though I had an idea of what I was gonna do I was slowed down with the vast differences in technologies and philosophies on how the two motors suck in air... After a short fight to work my way to the throttle body, and some WD40, I finally free'd the bastard...


















The Throttle Body Assembly out of the F22B2.

[Before I continue, please excuse me for not being consistent in saying ICV or IACV. In my (Nissan) world we refer to it as the IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) and in the Honda world they refer to it as the Idle Control Valve.]

A bit more complicated than mine but there it is, the F22's Throttle Body, TPS (on the left side), Thingamabobber (Map Sensor on top), FICV on the bottom and Throttle Cable on the right

Anyways, after fooling around inside of the engine we finally got to his ICV, cleaned it and did not get lucky, it turns out his ICV is bad and he had to replace it (I've seen quotes for the part north of $200, ouch!!).

Anyways his car is back on the road now, hope to get it in a photoshoot sooner or later.


No comments:

Post a Comment