Saturday, May 17, 2014

Working with the Variable Cam Timing System

Status Report:
Well I'm now bored with just owning a 6MT I35, it's now to make progress in the power department.
Before any progress is made I have to actually finish the swap and get things running 100% 

Plan of Attack:
If you recall my earlier dyno... You can see that the power curve is extremely un-vqlike. Even for a unique setup like mine, so what's the fix here? Well I'm going to get the car running 100% and re-dyno and then plan from there. To do that I have to adjust the VTC plates, I have checked in osiris and I got lucky after a few days of playing with them, Bank 2 is just slightly retarded my .5 degree while bank 1 is at 0 degrees (perfect!). But if you're familiar with any 3.5 you can see that my cam timing on bank two is.... not right. I have been throwing a random code for the cam sensor on that bank so I am going back to the drawing board and re-wiring everything to ensure it's not anything shorting out (which is what I think it is).
So as I can post a better looking data log, I will move on to the fun stuff.....

Battle Weapons:
OBX Headers, 2.5" Test pipe, stock mid pipe and a G35 Sedan Muffler.

Unfortunately the decision to arrive on this setup came after a few weeks of pondering. I would love nothing more to have a 3" exhaust but I do happen to live in the real world and I ball on a budget.
The idea is based on some rumors and a few youtube videos. I am hoping the G35 sedan muffler would not have the same result as using my stock muffler and unleash the bees in a can raspyness. Results again are soon to be found out later on in the summer.

Up on deck:
Rewiring, data logging, re-dyno. 

See ya guys later!


No comments:

Post a Comment